Delaware zip codes include a total of 96 zip codes, in which there are 67 cities and 3 counties. Dover is the capital city of Delaware, united states. Delaware, a small U.S. state off the coast of the Atlantic Ocean, is located on an island lined with sandy beaches with sand dunes near the Atlantic Ocean, the Delaware River, and the Delaware bay. Dover is home to the first Amasa Museum is a relic of 18th-century colonial history like the Old Georgia Museum. Wilmington is famous for its beaches, coastal district and parks, shops and restaurants.
Delaware is known for its rich history and cultural heritage, with several iconic sites, including the First State Heritage Park in Dover, which showcases the state’s colonial and Revolutionary War history, and the Hagley Museum and Library in Wilmington, which is dedicated to the history of the DuPont Company. The state is also a hub for outdoor recreation, with popular destinations including the Cape Henlopen State Park and the Delaware Seashore State Park.
Tourism is an important part of the Delaware economy, with visitors flocking to the state to experience its rich cultural heritage, outdoor recreation opportunities, and vibrant cities. Popular tourist destinations in Delaware include the Delaware Art Museum in Wilmington, which is dedicated to American art from the 19th through 21st centuries, and the Lewes Beach and Cape May-Lewes Ferry, which offers scenic views of the Atlantic Ocean.
Delaware is also a hub for business and finance, with several large companies, including JPMorgan Chase and Capital One, located in the state. Additionally, Delaware is home to several universities and colleges, including the University of Delaware, Delaware State University, and Wilmington University, making it an important centre for higher education and research.
One of the key reasons why many companies choose to do business in Delaware is because of its favourable tax and business laws. Delaware is considered one of the most business-friendly states in the United States, with a low corporate tax rate, a well-established legal system, and a highly skilled workforce. This has made the state an attractive location for corporations, with over 60% of publicly traded companies and over 50% of the Fortune 500 having incorporated in Delaware.
In conclusion, Delaware is a small but vibrant state with a rich history, cultural heritage, and a thriving economy. Whether you are interested in outdoor recreation, tourism, business and finance, education, or economic development, Delaware has something to offer. With its favourable tax and business laws, skilled workforce, and well-established legal system, Delaware is an ideal location for businesses and entrepreneurs looking to grow and succeed.
Delaware zip code list is listed below with detailed information on each and every zip code.
Here are Top 5 populated Delaware zip codes by cities
- 19802 – This zip code is located in Wilmington, the largest city in Delaware and is home to a large population of both families and professionals. It is a culturally diverse area with a mix of residential, commercial, and industrial areas.
- 19713 – This zip code is located in Newark, a city known for its rich history and cultural heritage. It is home to the University of Delaware, one of the largest and most prestigious universities in the state, as well as a number of other educational institutions and cultural attractions.
- 19904 – This zip code is located in Dover, the capital city of Delaware. It is home to a number of government buildings and offices, as well as several cultural attractions, including the First State Heritage Park and the Delaware State Museum.
- 19701 – This zip code is located in Bear, a suburb of Wilmington. It is a primarily residential area with a mix of single-family homes, apartments, and townhouses.
- 19709 – This zip code is located in Middletown, a city known for its strong sense of community and close-knit neighbourhoods. It is a popular area for families and young professionals, with a mix of residential and commercial areas.
- These zip codes represent a diverse range of communities in Delaware, each with its own unique character and attractions. Whether you’re interested in living in a bustling city, a quiet suburban neighbourhood, or a historic town, Delaware has something to offer.
Top 5 zip code cities in Delaware by area
- Dover 62.11km2
- Wilmington 44.5km2
- Middletown 32.04 km2
- Milford 25.54 km2
- Newark 24.37km2